These brownies made me very happy. I always have brownie mix on hand. If we are being honest here, sometimes I make the brownie mix just to have SEVEAL spoonfuls of the brownie batter before it even makes it in the oven. Oh, I know what some of you are thinking…”ewwww, thats nasty, there are raw eggs in there.” What I say to that is , PAH-LEEEEZE, I have been eating raw batters in all forms(brownie,cookie,pancake,cake etc.) since I was a small child and I am still alive. Heck, when I was really little I would sneak raw hamburger meat, dip it in the softened butter my Mom kept on the counter (another gasp from the peanut gallery) and EAT IT. The thought of that makes my stomach completely queazy, but the point being, I AM STILL ALIVE.
Geeze, I went off on a tangent there, I’m sorry…
Anyhoooo, yes, this is the perfect way to doctor up a brownie mix with literally ZERO effort with MAXIUM result.
- 1 Box Brownie Mix (not family size)
- Eggs (the amount the box calls for)
- Oil (the amount the box calls for)
- Water (the amount the box calls for)
- ⅓ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven per package directions
- Line a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan with non stick for or parchment paper
- Mix the brownies per the package directions.
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or until slightly runny.
- Stir powdered sugar into the peanut butter.
- Plop(yes technical cooking term) the peanut butter over the top of the brownie mixture and swirl with a knife.
- Bake per the package directions.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting.
The Hungry Housewife