There was a day that I did not like Avocados.
I do believe it was a time in my life where I must have been abducted by aliens and brain washed, I am sure of it.
Now, I can not get enough of them.
My love for Avocados began right after High School. Some of my friends went to the University of Florida. I would go visit them for the weekend and we would
drink play Go Fish until we couldn’t drink play Go Fish anymore and walk over to Burrito Brothers.
Burrito Brothers is an Institution in Gainesville. It is literally a hole in the wall Taco joint with some questionable characters working there with quite possibly every tattoo know to man tattooed onto them, but the food is AMAZING. I would get a primo beef, double wrapped, with sour cream, tomatoes and red sauce. Mmmm. My metabolism was still with me at that time. My friend got guacamole and offered me some. I of course turned my nose up at it, but gave in because all of the
drinking playing Go Fish I had been doing. My life at that moment was transformed.
So I present to you my FAVORITE breakfast sandwich. I crave it on a daily basis. And it fills me up for a long long time. So if you are an avocado obsessed person like me, you must try this. Oh and get yourself some good quality English Muffins. My favorite are Bays English Muffins. They ARE THE BEST. They are thick and what you would think a homemade English Muffin would taste like. You can find them in the dairy section of the store. YUM
This satisfying breakfast sandwich does not have much of a “recipe” but I will share with you what I do.
- 1 English Muffin, toasted
- 1 Egg
- ½ Avocado
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Butter your toasted English Muffin
- In a small skillet add a tiny amount of butter and a tiny amount of EVOO.
- Fry your egg to your liking.(don’t forget to season your egg with salt and pepper) I like mine over easy.
- Slice the avocado in the shell and remove from it from shell with a spoon.
- Place the egg on the English Muffin
- Place the slices of the avocado on the egg.
- Season the avocado with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a small amount of EVOO over the avocado.
- Place the top of the English Muffin on.