Our dear friends from Kauai were recently staying with us with their adorable 8 month old. Vacationing from Kawaii??? I know, seems kinda crazy huh?
House guests=taste testers in my house. I tell them “honest opinions only” or they won’t be cooked dinner. The first variety of these I made were chocolate and peanut butter. They were good, but just not sweet enough. Doesn’t seem possible does it? Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven, but it didn’t seem to work for us all fried up in a wonton wrapper. So I pulled out the fresh raspberries and gave those a go.
PERFECT! The raspberries gave the perfect sweetness and tartness I was looking for.
Make sure you use the best chocolate you can find. I adore Scharffen Berger Chocolate.
The flavor is deep and complex, much different than the cheaper grocery store varieties!
It’s the kind of chocolate that you just let melt on your tongue because you don’t want it to end!
It is AMERICAN CHOCOLATE WEEK, so you need to run out and get some chocolate!
To see if Scharffen Berger Chocolate is available, click here
- Peanut Oil
- 3 square wonton wrappers
- 3 fresh raspberries
- 3 teaspoons chopped Scharffen Berger Chocolate, your favorite flavor,divided
- Scharffen Berger Sweetened Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- In a saucepan, pour in about 2 inches of peanut oil.
- Heat to 350.
- Fill raspberry with as much chocolate that will fit. Put the rest of the teaspoon of chocolate in the middle of the wonton.
- Place the raspberry on top of the chocolate.
- Dip your finger in the water and rub the water along the outside edge of the wonton.
- Fold the wonton wrapper up around the raspberry and pinch together. Use more water for glue if needed.
- Repeat with the other 2 wontons.
- Carefully drop the wontons into the oil and fry for 1 minute or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on the paper towel.
- Dust your serving plate with the sweetened cocoa powder.
- Place the wontons on the plate and then dust with powdered sugar.
Now who wants some CHOCOLATE???
One winner will win the following (shown above)
SCHARFFEN BERGER CHOCOLATE
Milk Almond chocolate bar
Milk Nibby chocolate bar
Extra Rich Milk chocolate bar
Bittersweet chocolate bar
Mocha chocolate bar
Semi-Sweet chocolate bar
Extra Dark chocolate bar
Nibby chocolate bar
GIVEAWAY RULES CONTEST CLOSED
Contest ends Thursday March 29th 2012 at 9 am EST.
Winner will be chosen by Random Org.com
Contest open to US residents only.
1.) What is your favorite chocolate, Milk, semi-sweet,dark or white?
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry)
2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Twitter
4.) Tweet using this..Go visit http://tinyurl.com/74hfu2v for a CHOCOLATE GIVEAWAY from @scharffenBerger and @hungryhousewife
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag CHOCOLATE GIVEAWAY! http://tinyurl.com/74hfu2v Visit The Hungry Housewife
6.) Subscribe to THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE via email.
7.) Like Scharffen Berger on Facebook
8.)Like Scharffen Berger on Twitter
And there you have it, a total of 8 entries for you.
**Thank you Scharffen Berger for this delicious giveaway. They also provided me with a chocolate gift pack to create my recipe** All Opinions are 100% MINE.