When I was developing my $10 meal recipes for Sweetbay Supermarket, they gave me the idea of developing a different type of Shepherds Pie. While my Guinness Shepherds Pie is wildly popular, I didn’t want to use beer in their recipe and wanted to take the step of making mashed potatoes out of the equation. So I made an easy Shepherd Pie Filling and put it over baked potatoes and topped it with cheese! YUM!
I love serving “different” meals to my family. And yep, it’s only $10 to make this dinner.
It might come in under if you run to Sweetbay Supermarket this week because 80% lean ground chuck is $2.79 lb.
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ⅓ cup Hannaford Frozen Peas, thawed
- ⅓ cup Hannaford Frozen Carrots, thawed
- ½ cup Hannaford Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 packet (.87 oz.) Hannaford Brown Gravy Mix, cooked to package directions
- 1 cup My Essentials Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Wash and prick the top potatoes with a fork about 5 times.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave on high for 25 minutes or until fork tender
- In a medium skillet cook the ground beef until no longer pink in the middle, drain.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the oil, peas,carrots and corn. Cook for 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet with the vegetables. Add the gravy and cook for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Partially open the potatoes and evenly divide the beef mixture over each potato, top each potato with ¼ cheese.