Sup? Well, my adorable little niece did it again this year.
In her cute little voice on the telephone..
“Aunt Leslie, this is Sarah, would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?”
Me- Place phone on mute….in my most annoyed voice..”$$%*&(*&&&&, (**%^%$^&^&(,FAT,^*((*&%%####,cellulite,%%$$%*** ”
How can one say no? I mean, we all know I have no will power.
So I sit here with 2 boxes of Samoas, 2 boxes of Thin Mints(now in the freezer) and 2 boxes of Trefoils. I can’t have that kind of stuff laying around the house. There is a reason I don’t buy cookies at the store…plain and simple. I. WILL. EAT. THEM!
Remember this video from my last Girl Scout Cookie Rant?
Samoas are my weakness. So I had to come up with a remedy to get rid of them. If I knew I had a box, I would gooble them right up.
I knew I had to put them in something. I had a big ol box of Rice Krispies in the pantry.
The Samoas found a new home….chopped up in the Rice Krispie Treats.
Want my Thin Mint Truffle Recipe…click here.
OH YES I DID!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 box Samoas , chopped
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and the Samoas.
- Place the mixture into prepared pan and pat evenly in pan.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the melted chocolate into a zip lock bag, snip off the edge and pipe the melted chocolate onto the Rice Krispie treats.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to set and then cut.