Please don’t let the bad photo deter you from making this dinner!
I was asked by Sweetbay Supermarket to develop a savory strawberry Heart Healthy Recipe for National Heart Month, and pork and strawberry immediately come to mind.
Let me tell you how amazing this recipe is…Really REALLY amazing! Once you slather the pork chop with the strawberry sauce, it is pure heaven.
I cooked these on 2 Tv Segments.
- 4 Bone In Pork Chops (1/2” thick) 2 teaspoons crushed Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup chopped Strawberries
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Pinch coarse Kosher salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towel. Season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter.
- Sauté pork chops for 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145.
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes prior to cutting.
- Serve with Balsamic Strawberry Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add the strawberries,brown sugar, vinegar,rosemary,salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the sauce becomes thick.
- Serve over pork chops or on the side as a dipping sauce.