**Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions**
The full title wouldn’t fit in the space I have allotted for my Titles.
Nothing genius here folks.
Chicken in a a slow cooker covered in BBQ sauce. The caramelized onions are what put this simple sandwich over the top.
I had every intention in making my own BBQ sauce for this dinner. But laziness got the best of me.
But then I got to thinking….does my reader, my loyal Hungry Housewife reader have time to make their own BBQ sauce? For the majority of you, probably not. So I am keeping it real for you, no fancy homemade BBQ sauce this time. BBQ sauce is actually really easy to make, but you usually have to make it ahead of time and that requires planning.
I urge you to make this SIMPLE SIMPLE dinner. As you can see there is NOTHING to it.
And it tastes just like your favorite BBQ restaurant.
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 18 oz jar BBQ sauce
- 2 large onions,thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 hamburger rolls, buttered and toasted
- butter for hamburger rolls
- Place the chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover with BBQ sauce
- Cook on high for about 5½ to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred on cutting board.
- Return to the crock pot and incorporate the shredded chicken with BBQ sauce
- Distribute onto toasted buns and top with cooked onions
- Place the 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot with a lid.
- When the butter is melted, add the onions and cover.
- Cook on medium low for about 45 minutes, covered stirring occasionally.