Here is this weeks installment of $10 meals.
Italian Meatball Stromboli with salad.
This is a huge hit with kids. Kids love anything rolled up.
You can even make the meatballs ahead of time to save you some time the night you want to prepare this delicious dinner. And using pre made refrigerated pizza dough saves a huge amount of time!
Recipe created for Sweetbay Supermarket.
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 11 oz. tube Refrigerated Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Hannaford Pizza Sauce, divided
- 1½ cups My Essentials Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ head Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Roma Tomato, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, Italian seasoning,
- salt and pepper.
- Form the meat into golf ball sized balls.
- Over medium meat, add the oil to a large skillet.
- Cook the meatballs over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning over half way through
- the cooking time.
- Place the meatballs on a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool slightly and slice in half.
- On a greased cookie sheet unroll the pizza dough.
- Spread ½ cup pizza sauce over the pizza dough.
- Arrange meatball slices over the dough in 3 rows.
- Spread the cheese over the meatballs.
- Roll the dough lengthwise so you have a long roll.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ½ cup pizza sauce for dipping and simple Romaine, tomato and cucumber salad.