I am sooooo sorry for keeping this recipe from you for so long.
It’s almost two years old. I developed the recipe, took the photo and made the video back in 2009 for a little cream cheese contest I entered.
And I forgot about it. SHAME.ON.ME
It’s ok to slap me. I deserve it.
These are so easy and so quick to make. Like seriously easy and quick….watch the video, you will see just how simple they are.
Onto the yum-a-licious recipe.
- 1 Tube refrigerated Flakey Biscuits, 8 count
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ cup(s) of Sugar
- 1 Small Jar Guava Preserves
- 1 Egg White, beaten
- Peanut Oil for frying
- Powdered Sugar for Garnish
- In a medium pot, heat about 4 inches of peanut or canola oil to 350.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Flour your work surface.
- Roll each biscuit into a 8 inch circle.
- Place 2 table spoons of the cream cheese mixture onto the middle of the biscuit circle.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of the guava preserves in the biscuit circle.
- Brush some egg white onto the outer edge of the biscuit.
- Fold the biscuit over.
- Seal it with or fork or firmly pinch the edges together.
- Fry in batches of 2 for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.