Are you loving the $10 meals?
I had such a great time creating them for Sweetbay Supermarket. All the recipes needed to be tasty, easy, family friendly AND $10 or under. And this Beef and Flatbread Pizza is no exception.
Don’t get sucked into the freezer department to pick up a frozen pizza. Those are so boring.
I love using Naan Flatbread as my pizza crust base. There is no messing around with pizza dough, it tastes delicious and it gets nice and crunch on the bottom. It’s a win win situation.
If you ask me, pasta is the perfect side for pizza. My tomato garlic pasta is not only easy but it is packed with flavor.
Are you sensing a theme here?
Easy and delicious!
Sweetbay Supermarkets Butchers have a tip to cut out some of the fat from ground beef….
“Cook without seasoning. Rinse briefly with hot water in a colander and blot dry. Return to the pan for a minute and add the seasonings to taste.”
You can find Sweetbay Supermarket on Facebook.
- ¼ pound Ground Beef
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Package Naan Flatbread (2ct. package)
- ¼ cup Hannaford Pizza Sauce, divided
- 2 cups Shredded My Essentials Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 Hannaford Banana Pepper Rings
- 1 16oz.box Hannaford Pasta Ruffles, cooked to package directions
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, add the meat, salt, pepper and Italian
- Cook until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes and drain.
- Place the 2 pieces of flatbread on a cookie sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on each piece of flatbread.
- Spread 1 cup of cheese on each piece of flatbread.
- Evenly divide the sliced tomato, cooked ground beef and banana peppers over the two pieces of flatbread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and butter.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the cooked pasta, tomatoes and parsley and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.