Pork is my best friend. I just love it. But it is sad that I don’t make it nearly enough.
I think one of the tricks to a perfect piece of pork it to Brine it. Brining tenderizes the meat and gives it a delicious flavor. If you plan a little bit ahead, you will never have another dry piece of pork again! Did you know that the internal cooking temp for pork was just recently lowered to 145 degrees?
Pork is a great alternative meat to turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know I spend about a week preparing Thanksgiving dinner and I just don’t have the time to do it all again for Christmas. So think about making a delicious easy pork tenderlion for your next Holiday meal. Don’t like my recipe? Head on over to Pork Be Inspired to get some more delicious pork recipes!!! Also check out Porks Perfect Pairing Holiday Recipe Guide as well.
The recipe is simple and your whole family will love it!!
- ¼ cup Course Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 to 1½ pounds Pork Loin Tenderloin
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- In a gallon zip lock bag, dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Add pork to the bag, squeeze out all of the air and place in the refriderator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove the pork and rinse with water, pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a shallow dish ( like a pie plate), mix the egg and mustard.
- In another shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs, rosemary,garlic powder,onion powder,onion powder, cayenne powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Coat the pork in the egg mixture. Let the excess drip off.
- Roll the pork in the bread crumb mixture and make sure the entire piece is coated well.
- Place in a baking dish lined with non-stick foil.
- Lightly spray the top of the pork with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 145.
And I suppose you would like to know about the Giveaway
GIVEAWAY RULES CONTEST CONTEST CLOSED
One of my readers will win the above prize pack.
$25 worth of PORK COUPONS (not shown)
2 Jill Silverman Hough Cookbooks
Instant-Read Digital Thermometer (A MUST HAVE)
A set of 4 Retro Inspired Martini Glasses
A Ceramic Deviled Egg Tray
1.) Tell me if you cook Pork for the Holidays
(For EACH additional entry, you must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH ADDITIONAL entry)
2.) Like THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on Facebook
3.) Follow THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE on twitter
4.) Tweet using this..Go visit @HungryHousewife for a Pork Be Inspired Giveaway! @allaboutpork http://tinyurl.com/bl6plaz
5.) Post about this giveaway on your Facebook Page using this tag http://tinyurl.com/bl6plaz
6.) Subscribe to THE HUNGRY HOUSEWIFE via email.
7.) Like Pork Be Inspired on Facebook
8.) Like Pork Be Inspired on Twitter
******************CONTEST CLOSED *********************
And there you have it, a total of 8 entries for you.
Contest ends Thursday December 15th at 9 pm est
Winner will be chosen by Random.org
Winner MUST CONTACT ME within 72 business hours of winning or another winner will be chosen(NO EXCEPTIONS)
*Giveaway Sponsored by The National Pork Board* All opinions are mine.