These are my all time favorite make at home crackers. My step Mom used to make them when I was a kid. They are soooooo full of flavor and VERY addicting. Though I have changed the recipe a bit over the years, I love them as much today as I did 20 years ago. They are always a hit at parties.
If I am making them to just have at the house for a snack, I make a half batch. Why? Ummm, hello, do you not know me by now? I see food and I eat it and can’t stop! Ohhh, how I wish I was blessed with will power. Maybe in another life.
- 2 - 11 oz. boxes Oyster Crackers
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package Hidden Valley Salad Dressing Mix
- 1½ tablespoons dried Dill
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 175.
- In a large measuring cup mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, salad dressing mix, dill, pepper, salt and oil.
- Place the oyster crackers in a large bowl and pour the oil mixture over the top and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour evenly onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 1½ hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.