If it was acceptable to live on these for the rest of my life, I totally would.
I mean seriously, what is not to love? You have crispy hashbrowns,cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives, all the things that make the perfect loaded baked potato.
I used the uber convenient Hungry Jack Hashbrowns to make these.
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 box Hungry Jack Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Open the Hungry Jack Hashbrowns and fill it with hot tap water. Close the container and allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, remove onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Reserve the grease in the skillet.
- Crumble the bacon when cool enough to handle.
- Drain the excess water from the hashbrowns.
- Pour the hasbrowns into the skillet with the bacon grease.
- Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Cook the hashbrowns over medium high heat, until your desired crispiness, stirring occasionally. I cooked mine for 10 minutes.
- With a spatula, flatten the hashrowns into the skillet and cook for a few minutes so the bottom will get crispy.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle on cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives.
And the winners of my Hungry Jack “Use Up The Box” giveaway are
Congratulation ladies. Please contact me within 72 business hours to claim your prize.