ZERO food styling here guys. I snapped this photo of these delectable chicken wings as they were popping hot grease all over me while they were cooking on the grill. The photo does not do these bad boys justice!
We have a restaurant here in Tampa called Anthony’s Cole Fire Pizza and they serve the most amazing wings bursting with rosemary and garlic. I searched all over the web for their recipe, but came up with nothing. So I had to wing it..get it? “Wing it”. Oh what ever, my husband laughs
at with me.
So you know by the title, these are not you average “Buffalo Style” chicken wings. They are better. Seriously, my mouth waters when I think of them. I could probably eat 20 of them.
FYI..these do require a 24 hour marinade..DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- 4 pounds chicken drumettes or wings or both
- ½ cup lemon juice (the juice of 3 large lemons)
- ¾ cup regular olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 springs fresh rosemary, stripped and roughly chopped
- ¾ tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken drumettes in a gallon freezer zip lock bag.
- In a large measuring cup, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken wings.
- Push as much air out of the zip lock bag and seal.
- Place the bag flat in a 13 x 9 pan (as a precaution incase it leaks)
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 24 hours turning the bag every so often.
- The next day, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow to sit out for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a grill pan on the grill and preheat your grill to as hot as it gets. Mine got to about 450-500.
- Drain the excess marinade from the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 8 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy.