Whatcha doing for Memorial Day? I hope you are having a picnic so you can make my potato salad..The World’s BEST potato salad. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. But I tell you, this potato salad makes me very very happy.
One of my sisters besties, Faith, once made some potato salad and it was rockin’. I asked her what she did and she said she boiled the potatoes with chicken bouillon cubes. What a great idea. Soooo, I stole her idea and made some tater salad of my own.
I will tell you this is pretty garlic-y, so if you do not like garlic, you might want to reduce the amount of garlic. I love it just the way it is. Also, you can make this a few days ahead of time, all of the flavors make happy food love and glorious things happen.
- 5 pounds Red Potatoes,cubed
- 6 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1½ cups Mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped(optional)
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Parsley, a handful, chopped
- Place the cubed potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2"
- Add the chicken bouillon cubes.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil and boil until fork tender, about 6 minutes. (This time will vary depending how small or large your potatoes are cut)
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the mayo mixture.
- In a medium boil, mix together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, garlic cloves, eggs, salt and pepper and parsley.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the potatoes and mix well.