WEIGHT WATCHER WEDNESDAY

Ok you got about 8 minutes? You can whip this one up!! I was leaving for the 4th of July Weekend and I didn’t want to leave the Strawberries in the fridge as a science experiment! My sister was having her book club at her house that night..so I thought that was the perfect way to get rid of the ruby red jewels.
Cream Cheese Filled Strawberries
1 pound Strawberries, jumbo-size (about 18 strawberries)
4 oz Light cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Preparation
Wash and dry strawberries (leave green caps on).
Using a paring knife, cut a wide v-shape out of the pointed end of each strawberry (like an open mouth); reserve cut out pieces of strawberries.
Place cut strawberries on a serving plate, green cap side down so they will be easy to fill.
Using an electric mixer, thoroughly combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
Chop reserved leftover bits of strawberries into tiny pieces and gently stir into cream cheese mixture with a spoon.
Fill each cut strawberry with a small amount of cream cheese mixture using a spatula or knife. Arrange filled strawberries on a serving plate, green cap side down.
Yields about 3 strawberries per serving.
Points Value: 2 for 3 strawberries

Comments

1. 1
    Michelle Dargen says:

I wanted to stop by and to say “Thanks!”. If you had never mentioned the Whopper cupcakes on Where’s My Damn Answer Blog I never would have found your blog, which finally led me to The Daring Bakers!!

I finished my first challenge yesterday and it was a complete blast!

Thanks again!!

~Michelle

2. 2
    Peter M says:

May I feed you these…one at a time until the pint is through?

3. 3
    Clumbsy Cookie says:

That’s a sexy treat!

4. 4
    Dhanggit says:

this is so sexy leslie :-) maybe i should pick up the idea of peter for me and my hubby hehehehe

ps, i know i promise you the email..patience is a virtue LOL have a great day my sweetie!!

5. 5
    Dhanggit says:

wait a minute…michelle has already finished her challenge..oh my goodness im really late..:-(

6. 6

Wow, I’m getting strawberries in my CSA box this week & want to try this!

7. 7
    Cathy C says:

I saw something very similar to this on Paula Dean on the Food Network but as you know there is nothing “Weight Watcher” about anything she makes.
    I love this more waistline considerate version and will try this one for sure…

Cheers
    Cathy

8. 8
    noble pig says:

Oh how perfect…I love this idea you genius.

9. 9

What beautiful looking stuffed strawberries! I’d love these right now!

10. 10
    JennDZ - The Leftover Queen says:

oh yeah! This looks like something similar that I used to get at Trader Joe’s although I think theirs was filled with marscapone – hey, it is the Italian cream cheese!

These look GORGEOUS!

11. 11
    Bridgett says:

Those looks so yummy. I think these would be perfect for a romantic dinner with the hubby.

12. 12

what a lovely treat, weightwatchers or not! :)

13. 13

Yumm, Fresh berries and cream is always a great treat! I need to get some berries ;-)

14. 14
    Big Boys Oven says:

wow so petite, so beautiful . . . .

15. 15

Wow stuffed strawberry, nothing could be wrong with it, beautiful & yummy and low fat too? perfect :)

16. 16
    The Stressed Baker says:

Those are a great idea! I love that you are doing Weight Watcher Wednesdays – its a great way to find healthy but delicious treats!

Also, Amelia from Diary from the Last Frontier hit me with meme and as a fellow DBer its your turn! I hope you don’t mind I figured it would be a fun way to meet some DBers…..The rules are on my website – http://bakingtodestress.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy!

17. 17

Cream cheese stuffed strawberries are a good idea!

18. 18

Great idea! They look delicious!

19. 19

Wow! What a great idea!

20. 20

Amazing looking gstrawberries. One bite treats are the best!

21. 21
    Cathy C says:

Just made these over the weekend and they were a big hit – This literally did take about 8 minutes.

I am now on the hunt for large strawberries so that I can make this one again!!

Cheers