Even though my children don’t like rice..I have to do my part as a responsible parent and cook it and put it on their plate! Do they eat it?? Hell no! So needless to say I often have a bunch of leftovers. I was left with exactly 2 cups of brown rice. I’ll throw it away..then I heard of voice of my past(mother)..”eat your food, there are starving children in China.” SO it sat there on the stove until I figured out its fate!
Ah ha..RICE PUDDIN!
Oh wait I cook all my rice and couscous in chicken stock(gives it much more flavor). Oh no I didn’t..not tonight. I used my last drop of chicken stock on my Chicken Piccata. So I used plain water to cook the rice..so there was a green light for the Rice Puddin!!
Left over rice? Make Rice pudding!!!!!
Author: Leslie Green-The Hungry Housewife
Recipe type: Breakfast,Dessert
Make Rice Pudding with Left-over rice
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- about 3 cups milk
- ½ cup splenda or sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup raisins or fruit of choice..I used Regular and golden raisins
- Spices to taste …like cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice..etc
- Walnuts for a crunch if you like
- All add ingredients to the cooked rice except the spices and bring to a boil.
- Boil for a few minutes and then cook until most of the milk is absorbed.
- Once you get to your desired consistency, add your spices.
- Add the nuts if you want.
- Serve hot or cold! Its was yummy either way!